Monday, December 12, 2011

I'll be home for (errands) Christmas...

I know I've been blog neglectful now that I've migrated west for December (FDApp, I've missed you). My own personal to-do list (plus my mom's I've inherited) trumps any real work schedule I had prior to my month-long unemployment (sorry worker bees). But seriously, organizing a life in order to up and move to China resembles a full-time job. I'll love it when my belongings and I inhabit the same continent and I can stop wondering whether that shirt I'm looking for (or my digi cam for that matter) is in NYC, FL, or China. And knowing there's a heaping pile of clothes looming on the bed in our guest room for me when I get back nags at me daily (hangers are few and far between in China, no $5, 20-packs at Target type deals to be found). 

Before I left Shanghai we cultured ourselves (and drank our way through) an afternoon full of art galleries, antique furniture shops and electric cello (who knew?) performances. It was a chilly but gorgeous Shanghai afternoon at M50http://www.cnngo.com/shanghai/play/m50-329005, and we found plenty to keep us busy (read: entertained)...
Anthony and an ear
Live long and prosper
Newest project: Photographing doors throughout China for later framing/display
 

Cut to days filled with holiday decorating, Target runs (so excite!), stringing lights on bushes and trees (I can do this), moving MLS (my little sister) out of her dorm, dinners with my mom and my girlhood second mom (also the mother of my best friend and blogess extraordinaire, Venessa, http://www.everything-pretty.com/) and nursing an eye-injured, cone-headed shitzu back to health. 

Yes, they have matching readers
Zoe's been better

Usually we head to North Carolina for Christmas...

Our other back yard

But I'm more than ok with a fireplace-blazing 75-degree Christmas this year. 

xoxo,
Jess




1 comment:

  1. Ummm... LOVE your blog, you are the cutest:) XOXO Shhhhhhhye Shye

    ReplyDelete